I am sure most of you, who attend the Loudoun campus have seen the construction site opposite the Reynolds building. But does anyone really know what the building is supposed to become? Whenever I asked someone what it is going to be, they never seem to know. It almost seems like a secret. Ever since then, I have been on the case to find out exactly what is going on here ( I realize that eventually it will be done and then I will automatically know what it is, but I have to know now because I am really impatient!). So, without further ado, here are some of the clues I have collected so far.
Some Interesting Speculations
- Some hope that it will be a giant food court ( which wouldn’t be so bad)
- I also heard that it will be a place where NOVA students are able to take George Mason classes enabling them to earn their Bachelor’s degree at NOVA (it is called the Higher Education Center) Which would be a good option for those who are either unable to or do not want to leave the area for a long period of time to attend a four year college
- Others believe that the classes that were originally set at Signal Hill will be moved there. It would eliminate either waiting for the shuttle, driving over or crossing the street.
- I found out that it will be opening sometime late this summer or early fall
- It will have more group study rooms ( I assume like the ones in LC)
- It will have rooms to video/audio record yourself giving a speech if you are taking any CST classes.
- When I searched “New Building” the first link is to an impressive article on a new building at the Woodbridge Campus published in 2011. The plans included a new café, a black box theater, several computer labs, a photography dark room and other exciting things.
- When I searched “HEC” on the Nova website, I found the plans for the new building’s expenses. It says “audio and visual infrastructure and digital classrooms”
- Unfortunately, no one seems to know its exact purpose. I have already scoured the NOVA website and came up with a dead end at the virtual campus map where it just says “Future”
- The other day, I looked at the map by the Waddell building and noticed that the new building was there. I thought I was finally going to know something about it but under “HEC” it just says “Under Construction”… Really?
So, after comparing all of my notes and gathering all of the evidence, I have come to the conclusion that I still have NO IDEA what the main purpose of this building is supposed to be. All in all no matter it’s purpose, I think it will be a nice addition to our already beautiful campus and I am really excited about it.